Batteries and chargers.
The bane of every parents life. The bane of every geek’s life. Well the bane of everyone’s life I guess.
Everything these days require them and if they don’t, they require a charger or access to a USB slot.
And with Christmas coming up, the plethora of kids toys that require batteries and gadgets that need charging will no doubt multiply considerably. The cost of Christmas doesn’t usually include the continuous supply of batteries that go dead after a few days of play. Its not only the financial cost, but the environmental cost of battery waste is massive.
Duracell, who you can always count on for quality power supplies have introduced several new devices to offer long-lasting power to keep gadgets juiced up, making it possible for people to see, do and experience more through extending the life of their everyday gadgets
The devices are compatible with Smart phones and devices that feature either micro- or mini-USB outlets such as digital cameras
The new Duracell line-up is available at Amazon UK
Portable Chargers / Wireless Charging
For those on the go, the range of Portable Smartphone Chargers features 2 slim and sleek chargers, providing convenient and accessible solutions to recharging your daily gadgets on the move. Offering additional talk time, the chargers are compatible with smartphones and other devices that feature either micro- or mini-USB ports.
Duracell Portable USB Charger 1800mAh
(Also known as the Portable 5-hour Smartphone Charger)
New to the range and providing enhanced mobile device charging in a compact design, this is an ideal option for those with multiple devices on the move, able to provide extra power anytime, anywhere.
- Up to 5 hours of extra talktime for smartphones
- Charges two devices on the go
- Features a power-check button for added convenience
- Micro-USB cable (and Micro-to-Mini Tip adapter) included
Rechargeable Portable Power
For those seeking rechargeable power solutions at home and whilst on the go, Duracell has revised its line-up, based around consumers’ differing recharging needs. Two new chargers provide quick, convenient recharging for AA batteries, whether they’re needed in an hour or in 15 minutes. The new Staycharged batteries come charged up, ideal to put in toys as they come ready to use and can be recharged 100s of times and retain their charge for up to a year when not in use
The Duracell Speedy Charger RRP £29.99
The new Duracell Speedy Charger is a compact charger that can be taken anywhere to provide you with quick recharge, anytime, anywhere,.
- Standard 4 cell charge in 2-3 hours
- Fast charge mode recharges 2 AAA/AA batteries in 1 hour
Gadget Mum and Duracell are giving you the chance of winning a fantastic Duracell travel charging pack, in a neat black travel wallet.
The wallet includes the Duracell 5hr charger (£39.99), the Duracell Speedy Charger (£29.99) a pack of Duracell Plus Power Batteries (£3.79) and finally a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries (£7.99)
All the entries were put into a spreadsheet from 1-351. The winner was picked using www.random.org.
The winner will have 14 days to claim their prize otherwise I will choose another.
And the winner is
Congratulations Number 221 – Stel aka @stelbelle28 on twitter. I will be getting in touch with Stel directly
Thank you to everyone who entered. Please check my Giveaway page for some more competitions
To Enter, simply subscribe to this blog in the email box on the right hand side of the page, or via Google Friends Connect and let me know you’ve done it below. If you’ve already subscribed, let me know that too
For bonus entries:
1. Follow me on Twitter
2. Retweet the giveaway by clicking the retweet button here: Tweet
Or copy/pasting the following into twitter
RT @humanb3an I want to win a Duracell Travel Pack worth over £80 from www.gadgetmum.co.uk Enter Here: http://wp.me/p1QmbO-54
3. Become a fan of my Facebook page (click the Facebook button below the ‘follow me on the web’ on the right-hand side of the page)
4. Like, share and comment on the competition post on Facebook
5. Comment on another post on the blog (let me know which one)
That’s a possible 6 entries! Each entry should be a separate comment
Let me know what you’ve done and you’re in the draw
Terms and Conditions:
1. The giveaway ends October 30, 2011
2. You must subscribe to enter (and activate the subscription to enter if using email subscription)
3. UK only
4. The winner will be notified by email and/or on twitter or facebook. The winner will have 2 weeks in which to claim the prize, after which if no-one has claimed I will choose another winner
5. Automated entries are not included.